September 21, 2013
Clearwater will be part of the festival. Several waterfront entities in Ossining will be hosting various event and activities throughout the day. Much of it is in the planning stages, but some plans are solidly in place.
- The Shattemuc Yacht Club will be hosting a "Plein Air" for artists, starting at 9am to 3pm, viewing at 3pm to 5pm, auction of the art work at 5pm to 7pm. Coulter Young is coordinating this event for SYC.
- Clearwater vessel will be at the Village Pier for the day.
- Ossining Boat and Canoe Club will be running a youth fishing program and seineing at the PAL Beach.
Live music at Harbor Square kicks off at 11:30am and continues throughout the day with an eclectic array of musical genres from classic rock, pop, and instrumental jazz to urban folk, new age, and sci-fi rock & pop. The extensive music line-up includes eight groups, many with local ties to Ossining. KJ Denhert and her band will play the final set, leading to the fireworks display at 10:00pm over the Hudson. The complete lineup and approximate performance times are as follows:
11:30am - Mike Risko Band
12:45pm - Rubber Soul
1:45pm - Gerry Malkin jazz collective
3:00pm - Dead Weight Burden
4:30pm - Sundad
5:45pm - Erin Hill and her Psychedelic Harp
7:15pm - Road to Ruin
8:45pm - KJ Denhert & her band
- Shattemuc sailors will be providing free sailing trips from 12pm to 3pm, for the first 15 people in line. Trip will leave from the Town Boat ramp by OBCC. Boats will load at 12pm at the Town boat ramp in Louis Engel Waterfront Park and will return to Shattemuc by 3pm. Participants will have to walk a short distance to get back to the starting area.
- Various groups will be manning booths on site at Harbor Square such as Riverkeeper, Ossining PD, USCG Aux. are signed on now. We are taking requests for space at this time and are looking for Hudson River oriented groups, crafts and artists.
There is no charge.
- Wooden Boats, Brennen Boats, local Ossining boat builder, to do demo on boat building.
- ArtsWestchester Folklife Program in association with the Ossining Boat & Canoe Club presents:
"From Shore to Shore: Boat Builders and Boatyards of the Lower Hudson Valley,"
A two day exhibition highlighting the history of the work waterfronts of the lower Hudson, with a special tribute to Henry Gourdine, dean of the Hudson River Fisherman featuring Naturalist Chris Letts and Tom Lake. The Exhibition will feature photo and text panels, Audio visual displays and artifacts.
For more information please call
Click here to get a PDF with HARBORFEST FLYER - POSTER
Christina Papes (914) 941-3554
or email at
Hudson Rising @ Ossining
Sunset on the Ossining waterfront
Tobin Boat Shop at Westerly Marina - Featured in ArtsWestchester's "From Shore to Shore: Boat Builders and Boatyards of the Lower Hudson Valley" exhibit at the Ossining Boat & Canoe Club
Chris Brennan Caulking - Featured in ArtsWestchester's "From Shore to Shore: Boat Builders and Boatyards of the Lower Hudson Valley" exhibit at the Ossining Boat & Canoe Club